Last year, as part of a study leave, I built a LibraryBox using the instructions on Jason Griffey’s LibraryBox website. I thought that I’d use it at the Ontario Library Association conference (which has very limited free WiFi) to allow attendees to download the slides for a presentation that I was making at the conference. Unfortunately this did not work as planned as the conference venue seemed to block “rogue” wireless servers. I could get the LibraryBox to function in the adjoining conference hotel, but not in the main conference space. Apart from that outing and taking the LibraryBox to a makerspace symposium, my LibraryBox hasn’t been seeing much action. To remedy this, I will be presenting a poster about LibraryBox at the Ryerson University Faculty Conference in May. For the conference I’d like to demo V2.0 of LibraryBox, so it’s time for an upgrade.
Actually I didn’t want to compromise my fully functional original LibraryBox, so I purchased a new TP-Link wireless router to make a brand new LibraryBox. The creation of the 2.0 version was much smoother and simpler than version 1.5. If you are thinking of creating a LibraryBox, v2.0 is definitely the way to go.
Now to load some content, do a bit more customization and to figure out why the download statistics don’t work properly.